Child Custody Modification

Whether custody terms were set out in the divorce decree, or you were never married but have a court-approved custody agreement, you can petition to alter custody itself or to change specifics of the day-to-day parenting arrangements. Typically, courts require a showing that there has been a substantial change in circumstance in addition to other factors to materially change a Custody Order unless the child is in immediate danger or for other sufficient reasons.

If the modification is for the purpose of adressing a move away by you or the other parent outside San Diego County, refer to our practice area “Relocations”.

Getting Started in 4 Easy Steps!

Leave a Review